Tuesday 27 July 2010

Progress at Last

Day 43

Well I've passed my '40 days and 40 nights' since the op and I am still wandering in the wilderness; that said although I've lost a lot of weight strictly speaking I haven't been fasting (so I'd better drop the "me versus Jesus" analogy).

The good news is that after my litany of set-backs and disappointments I do seem to be on a proper recovery track now. Wound is showing signs of healing (not before time) and a daily District Nurse visit is pretty much enough to keep up wih my need for dressing changes. In the last 2 days I've started to feel improved energy levels and more of an appetite -- I think my weight loss has stopped now (at a rather emaciated 9 stone 9lbs I'm kind of hoping so).

I managed a decent 30 minute walk today and I'm still feeling OK an hour later so I can imagine starting to get some proper exercise within the next few weeks.

I guess that's it for now; it makes a nice change not to have bad news to post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment